We at Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque understand that many people have food sensitivities or allergies. While we try to accommodate as many of these as possible, we cannot accommodate all requests, nor can we guarantee that your meal will not come into contact with foods you request us not to send. Please see the list below for accommodations we are able to make on your behalf.
- Nuts (Meals on Wheels is NOT a nut-free kitchen. Although we will not send you nuts if requested, we cannot guarantee the absence of cross-contamination with our goods.)
- Chile: Red or Green, Does not include items like Texas Style Chili, or other bean-based chilis
- Dark Greens: This is for clients on Coumadin or blood thinners. Includes items like spinach, brussels sprouts, and kale. Does not include items like green beans or broccoli.
- If you require a diet that has no POTATOES, TOMATOES, OR BEANS you must call and request a RENAL DIET
- Pork: Clients who request no pork will receive a vegetarian meal on days when pork is served.
DISCLAIMER: Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque makes every attempt to identify and exclude ingredients that may cause allergic reactions for those with food allergies, however, there is always a risk of cross-contamination. There is also a possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change their formulation at any time, without notice. Although we will take every precaution to avoid sending the items you have specified, no guarantee can be made and customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of this risk.
Exclusion of certain foods from your menu may result in receiving multiples of the same side dish or vegetable per day/week and/or may result in receiving an “alternate” main dish (chicken or beef patty) instead of the planned main for the day.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with our dietician regarding food choices, please feel free to call your Client Services Coordinator at (505) 823-8082.